QTGZManager is a powerfull tool to manage Slackware Linux 1 TGZ/TXZ packages. It resembles a file manager and consists basicly of 4 (configurable) panels:
- Packages found in selected directory;
- List of installed packages;
- Actions, a tabbed panel where we have access to various actions executed over packages.
Some of the features:
- Supports KDE 3.x, KDE 4.x, XFCE, LXDE, MATE and Trinity Desktop Environments;
- Install/Re install/Upgrade/Downgrade/Remove packages – watching the output of these commands on demand;
- View the content of packages (including opening files from non-installed packages);
- View the description of packages in colored tooltips;
- Find out which package a certain file belongs to;
- Search for files inside an installed/not installed package;
- Search for packages in directories;
- View differences between different package versions;
- Freeze/Unfreeze a package so it cannot be accidentally removed/upgraded/downgraded;
- Download official OS patches from your nearest Slackware mirror 2.
Licensed under GPL2, written in Qt4 C++ and compatible with stock Slackware 13.0 and beyound, QTGZManager is a very fast solution to deal with every package collection.
1 Also works with compatible operating systems.
2 May not work with some compatible systems that customize “/etc/slackware-version” file.